02 March 2011

Sewing School (kind of)...

Last year, for my birthday (in June), the entire family chipped in for me to buy myself a sewing machine - SUPER amazing because I had only ever used mom's, grandma's, and Mark's grandma's machines in the past (thanks wonderful ladies!)... So, I headed over to an adorable sewing shop at Fredrick Mall (I know, right? think bowling and mini movie theatre) called KW Sewing Machines and I walked out with a Janome that does 'more than just straight and zig zag stitches' ;)

It's not anything super fancy, but it's a great match for everything I work on these days... The awesome thing is that when you buy a machine from them, they tell you to go home and use it, and then come back so that they can show you (again) what all the stitches are and what the feet do... Now, I have been making lots of things, but not using much of the fancier stuff (mostly because I was pregnant when I bought it, and thus baby brain made it difficult to remember anything she showed me that day!)...

Tonight, I FINALLY made it over to the store for my sewing 'class' with Kim (she was SO great!)... Not only did I get an evening out ALL BY MYSELF, but I also got to sew!! She showed me all kinds of great things that I can do with my machine, and I could almost feel the wheels in my head turning... She answered all of my questions (even though I had a lot), and now I am ready to test out some new stitches and feet...

And, of course, I didn't make it out of the store empty-handed ;) I picked up some new bobbins, white and blue tailor's chalk, and a button foot!

Then, to top it off, I stopped at Starbuck's on the way home (just to stretch out my freedom a little more)... After I ordered, I had to wait a couple of minutes because their computer had just rebooted... The nice ladies decided that I had waited too long, so I got my two drinks free (I couldn't leave Mark out!), and got a coupon for a free one next time! All in all - a pretty great night...


Thanks for reading!



If you are receiving this through email, please go to umi designs to visit the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...