10 February 2011

A birthday surprise...

Tonight I got to go out with some amazing ladies from work to celebrate Fran's birthday... It is SO wonderful to spend time with all adults every once in a while - we definitely spent the whole night laughing!

Inspired by the Valentine Subway Art from yesterday's post, I decided to try my own... Since Fran is a fellow computers instructor, I knew that she would appreciate the effort... I started with her name (and favourite colour), and then surrounded it with words that I feel describe her... I know that people usually design these in Photoshop, but being a Microsoft Office Master (seriously, that's my title from Microsoft!), I used MS Word instead...


Here's how it turned out:


I will likely try this again, but I think programs like Photoshop probably have a better selection of interesting fonts to choose from...

Thanks for reading...
Lynley

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! it inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gimp is a free version of Photoshop and can pretty much do anything Photoshop can, and works the same way. It also has a large selection of fonts, and you have the option to add fonts.

    (And it's completely safe for your computer)

    http://www.gimp.org/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...